It has been 9 years since my twins were first diagnosed with Autism and I can truly say it has been an adventure. I have learned a lot over the years about myself and my children and one of the most important things for me is having a sense of humor. There have been many times I have found myself deciding whether to laugh or cry at a situation – finding the humor is the preferable outcome.
1. Having twins who were both prone to bolting make this extremely relevant!
2. I have a hard time getting my kids in the shower – but when they are, I can’t get them out!
3. I have 2 voracious eaters, a picky eater and one with food aversions.
4. Most of the time, this is the reaction (usually due to texture, taste, smell etc).
5. I cherish these moments!
6. It is usually wishful thinking!
7. Babysitters didn’t happen in the early years!
8. The dreaded calls from school…
9. Age (and gender) appropriate mean nothing in my house.
10. It truly is an X-File.
Hopefully, you can relate to some of these!
Humor is my coping mechanism!